Full-time Freelance Translator (English to Khmer)
Cambodia (Phnom Penh)
We are looking for a full-time freelance Translator for English to Khmer language pair. This is the flexible full-time position that you can work everywhere as long as you own a PC/Laptop with stable internet access. We give priority to those who are living in Phnom Penh area for closer contact to our team if needed.
The major responsibilities of this position are:
1> Job Description
- Doing the translation, editing, reviewing, proof-reading…transfer the meaning in the source language into the target language in order to produce a text that is in accordance with the rules of the linguistic system.
- Adaptability and flexibility, as well as the ability to make effective use of all available resources, are key to this role.
- The texts to be translated will be from English into Khmer and vice versa, and there is the substantial amount of editing to be done on texts written in English and Khmer.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
2> Job Requirement
- Living in Phnom Penh and speak Khmer fluently.
- BA in linguistic, translation or equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent command of English (4 skills).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; a sense of teamwork; responsibilities.
- Able to take initiative working independently or within a team.
- Able to do precise, accurate work under pressure, and prioritizing workload in order to meet varying deadlines.
- Excellent office computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within tight timelines.
- CAT tool proficiency is an advantage.
3> Remuneration package
- Competitive package including basic salary & performance salary.
- Annual leave & public holiday subject to the labor law.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your resume with subject line: [Wise-Concetti] – [Position] – [Your-Full-Name] and a cover letter to: